Assignment 1 My Interpretation of the Star Feathers Story


As these past few days have passed by since I first shared my ideas on the Star Feather Story, another impression has come to me that I just can’t shake.  I can’t stop re-reading and thinking about this story.  I believe the true story is hidden within the layers of a false mist.

Just imagine for one moment that he was speaking his truth.

As we are now walking, listening, feeling and sensing for our stones, this warrior too could have been called to the peacock feathers.  As we envision or meditate and have visions of sacred sharing from our Guides, Ancestors and Gods, perhaps this warrior was also guided to create this headdress from these feathers, this could be designed as a key for him to aid in the shift of consciousness.  It is also possible that through his sacred work he may have come to learn who he truly is and where he came from.  There are many stories of the Star People.  All realms active simultaneously, in what we call past, present and future.

When I read again the description of the place he dwells in, my mind was filled with a vision. I saw his path to the river’s edge and a well hidden entrance to the lodge.  I watched him slip into the water and walk slowly towards the ramble of trees fallen into the bank, stones and debris.  When he came in front of this area he looked to the sky and dove into the waters being cleansed and purified to enter his sacred space.  As he emerged he was reborn, his higher self (spirit) was home and he was no longer the warrior of the mundane, he was his true being.  I saw his beaver lodge and it was a sacred place.  The place one would go to move away from the mundane and into their sacred being.  A place to commune with the divine and follow the guidance of creation, a place to receive oracle (messages) to be shared. 

And perhaps he was from a distant place, this in its self is not a foreign concept to us.  We are Spirit incarnates in these vehicles we call bodies.  Part of our training has taught us to become open channels for Divine Oracles as well as receiving instruction and guidance along our paths.

Again I ask myself what is the purpose of this man’s story and again a realization occurs to me.  He says he was up in the sky, he doesn't say that he brought back the feathers with him, he only says that they are star feathers.  In deep meditation/trance, when working between the worlds and receiving information and guidance, we too can receive gifts from our guides and given great explanations of their use and purpose.  Can this be what this man experienced and he shared that experience with his tribe in a sacred gathering?  Just as we may receive guided information to share when we are gathered together in sacred space and time.  I believe it is very possible that this man was not speaking of himself when he said he was from a distant place.  I believe he may have opened himself as a channel to the divine and was a physical tool to communicate information to his tribe.  Much like we can do when Drawing Down the Moon, or sitting as Oracle.

The histories are full of stories of sacred men and woman that isolate themselves and only walk among the mundane to deliver messages/guidance.

My sacred space is my haven and not of this world.  Does this mean I am telling a falsehood if I say I must return to my safe haven or heaven or whatever name is given to our sacred place?  I didn’t see anywhere in the story that he gained anything other than the respect of his people, nor did I read where he ask them for anything.  He shared his visions and guidance he received and left them.  Only to return to share more of what he was guided to share.

Sounds kind of clergy like to me, and this is just my impression once I looked deeper into the mists.
The old saying “Don’t judge a book by its cover” 

Blessings as Always,
Katherina
11-16-12

No comments:

Post a Comment