Lesson 11 Project - Rattle


Lesson 11 Rattle Project







I used a dried gourd for my rattle.  I tried to keep my materials as natural as I can.  I painted the entire gourd blue since I am from the Blue Feather Camp.  I then painted the Correllium on it, above the Correllium sits an Eagle and below the Correllium are three Eagle feathers.

The Correllium is for our Tradition (Tribe) to honor it.  Many of our founding ancestors are with mixed bloods including Native American, (Cherokee) and to honor this class of Correllian Shamanism.  The Eagle, seated above the Correllium is for Guardianship, Protection, Community, Power, Vision and Inspiration.  The Eagle Tail Feathers below the Correllium is for strong healing power, that no matter the blows we Correllian’s may bare or our Tradition as a whole, that we will weather these blows in the healing powers of Great Eagle and embrace the opportunities, insights and skills offered to us with clear focus and determination.

One the other side of my rattle, I placed 2 Crows, one flying upward and one flying downward.  This is also a representation of Yin and Yang, bringing balance to all things.  The Crows are the messengers between the worlds, Crow flying up takes our messages to the other realms and Crow flying downward, brings us messages from the other realm.  I wanted to create an open line of communications between the realms to aid me in my journeys.  I also added a Bear Claw print to call in protection, strength and continuation.  Honoring Bear as Warrior, for the true warrior is the peacemaker.  Bear shows us this by its character, peacefully existing in the wild eating from shrubs and berries displaying tempered ways, yet if the Bear becomes threatened then it is a most powerful and furious creature.  Bear is very protective of its children even to the point of its own death.  So I ask Bear to walk with me in my journeys, not only protecting me, yet teaching me the ways of true Warrior.  Lastly you will notice the images of a Circle which contains a Square (also known as the Circle Squared) and in the center of the square is a centered dot.  This symbolizes the unity of Spirit and Matter.  The pathway of oneness, that we are never disconnected and that the knowledge and wisdom that we strive to find is ever present within.  This is symbolic of our journey of reconnecting on a conscious level to a higher consciousness.  The centered dot represents the all-encompassing oneness of infinite existence.

My photos are posted in the group.

Blessings as Always,
Katherina  

No comments:

Post a Comment